This recipe is very popular pure Goan vindaloo fish curry recipe full of flavors and spices.
- 2 tbsp of distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of salt
- 1 pound white, firm-fleshed fish, such as kingfish or cod, or your choice of fish, cut into 2inchs
- 3 tbsp of ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of ground coriander
- Then 2 tbsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of whole black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp of peeled, minced fresh ginger
- Then 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 small Thai red chiles, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¾ tbsp of cayenne
- 6-8 fresh curry leaves, or 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup of canned, unsweetened coconut milk( you can grate the coconut then paste smooth)
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut (you can avoid)
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
1.Take one bowl, combine the vinegar and salt. Add the fish and mix it well. Cover and keep aside at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, heat the ghee/ vegetable oil and add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and mustard seeds. Cook for about 20 seconds, stir well. Add the ginger, garlic, chilies, onion, cayenne, and curry leaves, you can add lime juice. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Now take the marinated fish, letting the excess drip off, and add the fishes to the skillet along with the spices. Gently stir until the fish is coated on all sides. Now add coconut milk, ½ cup of water, tomato, and grated coconut, if using.After a good stir covers it. Cook over medium