Semolina/suji/rava appam are the perfect ingredients when you want to prepare a quick and instant snack. With the help of this many dishes are prepared like rava dosa, rava uttapam, rava dhokla etc. It takes minimal preparation time. It is a very healthy option too.
The preparation tips
- Soak rava minimum for 15 minutes
- You can add grated vegetables of your choice.
- If you are preparing this for your little one, you can avoid green chilies otherwise, you can add to give a nice spicy taste.
- Make the skillet hot enough so that you can get a nice texture to the rava appam.
- Brush some oil to flip the rava appam easily.
- The batter has to be thinner than idli batter and thicker than dosa batter.
- To get a nice crunchy and crispy outer crust always cook the appam on low flame.