Chemmeen pollichathu prawn fry is a delicacy of Kerala seafood. It is a reliable side dish of God Own Country’s seafood items. Here, prawns are marinated in spices which include chili powder; turmeric powder and lime juice and so on and cooked in an array of masalas, herbs and coconut milk.
- Prawns – 500 g (cleaned)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Shallots – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Garlic – 6 cloves (chopped)
- Green Chilly – 2 (slit into half of)
- Curry leaves – 3 springs
- Coconut oil – 2 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
chemmeen pollichathu prawn fry Procedure:
- Marinate prawns with chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and lime juice for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and toast marinated prawns in low flame and keep apart. Heat oil inside the equal pan and upload mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add onion, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chili and shallots and saute for some time. Add purple chili powder and coriander powder, turmeric powder and overwhelmed black pepper and mix well.
Continue Reading >>> chemmeen pollichathu prawn fry